there are many ways to support living art!
We are committed to offering our workshops free of charge! Last year we provided 68 art workshops. Our annual budget is $126,412.63.
- We know we’ve got a lean budget and we feel we can justify every penny it takes for Living Art to offer free workshops.
- There’s nothing quick or easy about planning a Living Art workshop. Every part of every project has to be adaptable because we provide creative opportunities for a wide range of abilities. This means lots of experimenting with projects, supplies and tools to make sure everyone can experience a level of success in the workshop.
- By design, facilitating a Living Art workshop is different than teaching a project. We’re holding a space where creative expression can happen. This requires combining materials, process and contemplative prompts in a way that sets the stage for a therapeutic experience.
Last year Living Art...
- held 33 Saturday workshops, 6 multi-sessions, and 2 sessions of Cancer, Courage and Creativity for a total of 144 workshop hours.
- did a new outreach program at Community Cancer Care and Prevention. This was a 9 week project doing chair side art with patients while they received chemotherapy. We'd like to offer this other places and do more of this kind of outreach!
- saw a 57% increase in participants which includes a 14% increase in new participants.
- saw a 72% increase in capacity in Saturday workshops.
"Living Art was the one place I felt I could come and show up just as I was. It was safe. It took me out of my world where I was trapped in a body that was wrapped in pain." H.T., Workshop participant
"My time at Living Art is such a small time compared to the rest of my life but it doesn’t feel like a little bit of time, it feels BIG—what it gives me feels big. It helps me remember who I am." B.D., Workshop participant